Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Makes It A Great Day

This week has been a difficult one. I've felt like I'm fighting a nervous breakdown. I've had a sore throat & upset stomach. I've had way to many things on my to do list. Last night Marli asked me to play the Wii with her. She looked me deep in the eyes & said "Please"!!! How could I resist that? Instead of tackling a mound of chores...I ignored everything except her. Today when she was eating her breakfast she told me how much fun she had playing with me. I knew I made the right choice. Yesterday was my day off & I wasn't home for five minutes. After volunteering in both the kids classes I had to go to the dentist. I rushed home picked Marli up took her to the dentist & did the same when Jacob got out of school. Then we had to run to the mall & a few errands. It was almost 7:00 when we finally made it home.

I've been really missing Jaxon. He is my Valentine & I really wish I could get an email or phone call from him for Valentines day. Whenever I want to feel close to him I wear red. It's always been one of my favorite colors & he loves it too. I have a very special Valentine from him that's framed on my wall. I get to see it every morning & night. I want him to know he will always be my Valentine! I just got a new Stampin Up stamp set & it's name is I {heart} Hearts! It totally makes me think of Jax. I made the cutest cards for card club & they were inspired by Jax.

The kids & I were going through their old Valentine boxes from the last few years. It's so fun to read them. The friends they made in Pre-school & Kindergarten are some of the neatest relationships. I love that we have a day dedicated to those we think of as our Valentines.
I came across this poem & thought it was pretty perfect. It's how I feel about my loved ones!

1 comment:

Karla said...

Hi Lori, I just linked to your blog from facebook. This post made me cry. I can't imagine how much you miss Jaxon. What a darling boy. I was just thinking about him last week. We were blessed to know that sweet little man. I can't help but think that he and Dave are having fun together without us....but only for a little while :)