Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting It All Done


I often find myself trying to think up new & improved ways to Get everything done... like all that is expected of me. Somehow as a Mom we think we have to be Super Mom. Then in May I was called as Our Ward's Compassionate Service Leader. We had just gotten a new Relief Society Presidency. My dear friend Kristy Bialas was called as The R.S. Pres.I LOVE her dearly. She & I were V.T. partners through one of the Hardest times in my Life. She is an Incredible Pillar of Strength & Faith to me. I would do anything for her. I have learned & grown so much from her. I gladly accepted the new calling. However.... I wasn't released from my Sunbeam calling. Ryan had just barely agreed to be my Sunbeam partner. Which was an Amazing Miracle. I Love my Primary Class. How could I Not? My sweet little Conman is in my class. It has been so much Fun watching him grow & develop. He has been coming out of his super shy shell. He is going to Mrs. Di's pre-school in the Fall. So I have had my fingers crossed that he would mature & not be so shy. I have been a Junior Primary Teacher for Four years. It was a Blessing to be in Jr. Primary with Jakey & Marli. I Loved being able to sit across the room & watch them with their classes. It was nice after church we would talk about sharing time & what their Fave songs are & what they liked about Primary. Then Jacob turned 7 & moved up to Sr. Primary & my heart ached not seeing him. Then Marli turned 7 & moved on. I started out in CTR 5 & then went to Sunbeams & stayed with that class every time they moved up for three years. So when they moved me to The Sunbeam class I was pretty excited.Low & behold Conor is in my class. He has been such a ray of sunshine to our family. I Love that he always wants to sit next to me & smiles at me. So anyway with the added stress of the new calling I really felt like there really was just NO WAY I could get everything done. I found myself completelty overwhelmed...I decided I just needed to get down on my knees & pray & I mean pray a lot & way more often. Satan was seriously working over time on me. I was being tried in every possible way & in every aspect of Life. When I was about to loose my Sanity...I had a huge paradigm shift & realized that I don't have to do it all alone. It's OK to ask for help. I got the Food Nanny cookbook for my birthday. It has so many great ideas. Then I came across her show on BYU t.v. I have DVR'd a few of the episodes. She encourages me to make the most of meal time. She has a cool website as well. http://thefoodnanny.org/ I have always felt it's critical to eat meals as a family. It has been a goal for Ryan & I our entire marriage. I believe families that eat together are strengthened. I am so grateful there are so many places I can find encouragement & ideas to help me Get It all done.




So a couple things I have done in the last week that have helped out a ton are....
1) Getting up Way Earlier...It's AMAZING what I have gotten done by getting up when Ryan does.
2) Exercising 1st thing in the morning...Get it out of the way & No Guilt for the rest of the day
3) Making several dinners at a time & freezing them

Today I made stuffed shells,lasagna & sloppy joes. I have dinners in the freezer as well as know what we are having for the rest of the week. I am going to do Mexican next. A friend told me she has this amazing crock pot chicken enchilada filling recipe that literally fills up her crock pot. She can make several different dishes with it.I have been trying a lot of different recipes & am pretty excited.