Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Day At The Dentist Office


Jacob and I had dental appointments today. Jacob had pre-school and Papa Bill picked him up. I took Marli over to my dad's while I went to my dental apt. the kids played with grandpa. When I was done I picked the kids up to go back to the dentist office. Luckily it's only a couple blocks from my parents house. Jacob was doing great until Kathy the hygienist tried to take some pictures of his teeth. He couldn't figure out how to keep the xray film in between his teeth. He got frustrated and started crying. This was his second visit to the dentist. It was sad. He finally got his teeth cleaned and Dr. Pearson looked at the one xray Kathy was able to get. He has beautiful teeth. We rescheduled another apt. for 6 months. Marli really wanted to get her teeth cleaned. I took her so she could see what to expect when she goes. She was upset that she wasn't going to get a turn. As we were leaving they had a patient who didn't show up for their apt. Kathy said she could see Marli. Then Marli started crying because she wanted a turn and didn't get one and then she was upset that she was going to get a turn after she was OK not getting one. What a nightmare for mom. She did so great she listened to everything Kathy and Dr. Pearson said. I was so proud of her. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera. I took the kids to Reed's dairy for ice cream. When we got home I grabbed the camera took some shots of the two of them and this is the best I could get. Wow...I'm glad I have until July until I have to go through this ordeal again.



1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sounds like a nightmare! We'll be home in July, would you like some help? :)