Monday, January 01, 2007

Rosewood Ward Compassionate Service Leader

Yesterday I was asked to meet with my bishop and his counselors. I knew with the new year they were working on callings for all of the ward members. I was hopeful that I would get to be Jake or Marli's primary teacher. I thought that would be neat. August 13th of this year was my 10 year anniversary of being a member of the LDS church. As I reflect over the callings I have had I have never served in the Relief Society. So when the bishop said he'd been especially promted to give me this new calling I had a really good feeling. I have been called to serve as the Rosewood ward compassionate service leader. I am really excited about this. I think this is going to be a wonderful experience that I will treasure all the days of my life. I believe it's important that when you see a need you take the opportunity to do something. I have been doing this in my neighborhood for years. I have several non-member friends that I have taken meals into or served otherwise. I have also called those same people to help take meals or other items in to others when a need has come available. I am excited to have everyone in my ward boundaries come together and help provide service. I want to share a couple quotes.









Serving and Supporting Each Sister Bonnie D. Parkin, Relief Society general president: “ Every time we watch over one another, godlike qualities Of love, patience, kindness, generosity, and spiritual commitment Fill the souls of those we visit and enlarge our souls as well. In the Process, we honor our covenants. I see legions of faithful sisters around the world going forward on the Lord's errands, performing simple yet significant service."

President Gordon B. Hinkley "We are a church, a church in whose name is the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We bear witness of Him and it is His example and His teachings we try to follow. We give love. We bring peace. We do not seek to tear down any other church. We recognize the good they do. We have worked with them on many undertakings. We will continue to do so. We stand as His servants. We acknowledge that we could not accomplish what we do without the help of the Almighty. We look to Him as our Father and our God and our ever-present helper, as we seek to improve the world by changing the hearts of individuals. "

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You will be a wonderful compassionate service leader, Lori. Do you have to call a committee now? You will be absolutely amazing at this calling because you already fill your life with service... you'll just have extra motivation now :)

Anonymous said...

Thats my Lori Anna Bob.Specially picked out by way of her son jaxon
who is doing special assignments for Father in Heaven.Good job Jax!
Like they say,The lord works in very mysterious way's.I can testify
to this.Love you sweet Lori.We love
you Jax.Pa Pa's Pal! Alway's.