Saturday, December 30, 2006

Drastic Measures

December has been a hard month at our house. We were all sick for the better part of the month. Needless to say we are ready for the New Year. I have had long hair my whole life it seems like. I've wanted to cut it short for a few months now. I have went to the same wonderful hairdresser Helen at Salon 720 for over 5 years. When I was in last time I told her I wanted my hair short. She told me to wait until after the holidays and if I still wanted to she'd love to cut it. So I knew when I got up I was going to cut it all off. I didn't tell anyone I didn't want them to try to talk me out of it. I really like it. It' s so different. When I came home Ryan just stared at me. All he could say was " It's short". I wasn't sure if he hated it. We took the kids and my mom to see a movie at Edwards. The boys saw Eragon and the girls saw Charlotte's web. Both movies get thumbs up. Then we went to dinner at Perkins. We ordered breakfast. it was so yummy. We took Jake and my mom to her house. She followed us in her car to our house to get some clothes for Jake. He stayed the night. When we got home Ryan was staring at me, I said what? You hate my hair. He said no honey I really like it. You look different. My dad threatened me to never cut my hair he likes it long. He hasn't seen it yet. I'm worried he'll be upset with me. It'll be interesting when I see him what will happen.


3 comments:

Lesley said...

I LOVE IT! I can certainly relate to whacking off all of your hair... It is such a flattering style and you look dang skinny! Don't listen to what anyone says, I love it short! It suits you...

Cami D. said...

Lori I think it's darling! You are beautiful!

This was fun to read about your cute little family! I

Anonymous said...

Wow! Not a bad lookin Babe! I'll be your Nanny anytime.