Saturday, December 23, 2006

Our Neighbors Our Friends


Ryan and I have always been blessed to have wonderful neighbors that have turned out to be great friends.


We have a couple that lives across the street. I wish I could find a picture of them. Their names are Gary and Linda. They are the neatest people. They don't have kids. They're a little older then us. They have two beagle dogs Hannah and Jesse. Every holiday they do such neat things for our kids. Linda brought over gifts for all of us last night. The kids have been waiting to open the gifts. Last night at 10:30 they asked if they could open the gifts from Gary and Linda. Ryan said "No they are Christmas gifts". Jake pleaded and pleaded. Finally Ryan said they could ask Linda and Gary if it was OK to open them early. I wouldn't let them call them that late. Today when Jake saw Linda he asked her. She said he needed to ask us. We explained to her that it was OK if she said so. She said the perfect answer,"Sometimes when you have several gifts to open it's OK to open one early". Jake told her he loved her and she told him she loved him. I got teary eyed. They have a really cool relationship. These stand out from the other presents under the tree. The wrapping paper is absolutely adorable. She wrapped Jake's gift in the frog paper that I will save forever. She wrapped Marli's gift in the cutest dog paper. Which is so perfect. Marli is a dog lover like Gary and Linda. We are so thankful for these wonderful people. The kids love them as much as we do. The gifts she gave all of us were so perfect. When I think of gift giving Linda does it so well. She gives because she genuinely wants to and she gives gifts that are so absolutely perfect. I don't know how she does it. I'm so grateful for her. She's one of my card making buddies. Although she makes elaborate cards that I can only strive to, she puts up with me. I'm a begginer and have technical difficulties on every project we make.


No comments: