Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pocket Full Of Sunshine

Looking out the window today this is not the picture I see. It is however what I pretend to see when I close my eyes. For some reason I always get really down in January. The cold doesn't help any. I've been wishing the weather would warm up a little so we could at least thaw out. Marli told me we were driving in the clouds today on our way to my office, it was so foggy. If I had my way I would go somewhere warm Jan. 1st and come back in April. When I look at this picture of myself I realize how much a smile can alter my attitude.



These faces always make me smile.


I have always sung this song to all four of my kids ........
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.You make me happy when skies are grey.You'll never know dear, how much I love you.Please don't take my sunshine away.The other night dear, as I lay sleeping,I dreamt I held you in my arms.When I awoke dear, I was mistaken,So I hung my head down and cried.You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.You make me happy when skies are grey.You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.


I may not have a pocket full of cash...but at least I have my family which always makes me have a pocketful of sunshine.Lately it seems everything our family needs/wants has at least a $100 price tag. After playing Kyle & Lesley's snowboarding game on the wii fit over Christmas break we've really wanted one. They are sold out everywhere. Also after playing the wii on my parents super nice flat screen plasma t.v. we're feeling sad playing it on our t.v, it seems so small now. We needed a new printer to go with our new computer, I was able to find one at Sam's club for a way better price than anywhere else. I really wanted photo shop for my i mac. Thankfully I was able to trade my unopened PC software for mac thanks to my sister-in-law Melissa. We need an external hardrive/backup. I guess this is why wish lists were invented. We'll keep adding to our wish list until maybe someday we win the lottery. A girl can dream right?
*Yesterday my group of kids in Jacob's class got to do a really fun art project. When I got home I was inspired to clean out my scrap/craproom. I went through everything and purged all I thought I couldn't live without. Everything else I put in bags to donate to Jacob's teacher, Mrs. Gale. She was elated when Jake gave her everything this morning. It made me feel great to be able to get rid of a lot of stuff and know it will be used and appreciated.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I love that picture of you. You are so beautiful.