Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Calm After The Storm

I'm thankful that I am finally feeling better. It has been a brutal 9 days of being super sick. I went back into the doctor because I wasn't getting any better. They ran a series of blood tests and came to the conclusion that I go through life 24/7 full throttle. I can't keep on that path or my body will continue to shut down. My immune system was so weak from all the stress I've been under. Today I finally feel like I am at peace. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I can't stress out about it. I need to accept it and move on. I am enjoying the calm after the storm. On my days off I'm going to quit doing way too much. I'm done living in the fast lane. I was down in bed for several days. Anyone who knows me knows that's just not possible. I didn't have a choice. I can never sit and be still. Having the flu and being that sick forced me to rest. I'm not going to be that hard on myself anymore. So here is the funky Bo-Bunny album I made last Friday night. It was so fun. I think it turned out pretty cool. I just need to print my pictures and put them in it. This was a super fun class.

This picture of Conor is from today. Before church we took some pictures. Conor is obsessed with having something around his neck. He grabbed the camera strap, put it around his neck and I took this shot.

Jakey took a couple of Marli and me (Conor wanted me to hold him and he was still in his p.j.'s)Every time I put him down he'd come back over and tell me he wanted up again.
Marli took these ones of Jakey and Me. Jake kept trying to give me bunny ears so I distracted him by "Rock'in out"

Conor has decided he loves playing on the stairs. No matter how hard I try to block off the stairs he finds his way to them. He was playing with this bus for quite a long time. He was dancing and singing to the music it plays.
Yesterday we had such a fun day as a family. Somehow all three kids ended up in the tub together at the same time. I didn't get any pictures of that. It was pretty insane. There was water everywhere. They had a fun time. We haven't made homemade pizza in ages so we did that. Then Marli helped me make Valentine cookies. The kids played guitar hero for the first time. They loved it. When all the kids were finally in bed I was upstairs watching t.v. (which never happens). Ry came up and asked me if I wanted to play spades on the xboz 360. I said sure. So him and I played cards and had fun just the two of us. It was so nice to sit side by side and laugh and enjoy the time together.

Today after church I was set apart as a primary CTR5 teacher. Jacob and Marli were able to sit in on it. The bishop's counselor gave me a wonderful blessing. The spirit was so strong. I felt this incredible comforting peace wash all over me. I'm grateful for the Priesthood. I'm grateful my kids were able to share that experience with me.


Melissa said...

I love the last picture of Conor on the stairs...just want to squeeze that kid! He is adorable! I'm glad you are feeling better and were able to get a priesthood blessing at church! Awesome! Good luck with your new calling!

oh and I LOVE your book that you turned out SO CUTE!! You are so talented!

Erin said...

LOVE the picture of Conor on the stairs. He is so dang cute. It's fun to see you guys all dressed up. Good luck in your new calling. You will do great! I love you.

Erin said...

PS If you need help learning how to slow down I'm sure I can give you some pointers. I don't think you even know where to begin! hahah

Kyle and Lesley said...

Marli looks so old!