Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trials

Today is always a hard day for our family. I can not believe it was seven years ago today that our sweet son Jaxon graduated from this mortal life with the highest honors. We love you so much Jax & miss you like crazy. I'm grateful for the three wonderful years we had you as our son. I'm grateful for all the memories you gave us.

I have the worst migraine today & have been throwing up. It took everything I had to get the kids ready for school. I didn't have a choice & had to go into work for five hours. My boss did some acupuncture on me & was able to really adjust my neck. It helped a lot. I had to go into the school & talk to Jacob's teacher. She is such a wonderful teacher & she asked me to come in on Tuesdays to help her. I'm looking forward to being in the classroom with Jacob & his classmates. We took Jacob into to get his allergy shot. Which we have to do every Tuesday & Thursday. We came home & read & played a couple games. I made clam chowder soup for dinner & garlic bread. I was surprised that everyone liked dinner so much.

I have been receiving a lot of calls & emails lately from friends on family members that are really having some major trials right now. Loosing loved ones suddenly & seeing others suffer with illness's or other trials. I'm not sure why it seems like everyone is suffering greatly. All I know is that through personal trials I have learned this: Adversity is not a punishment, but rather a blessing, for it is through adversity that the Lord blesses us with strength. It seemed like for the longest time we felt we were being punished for something. I know the Lord has blessed me with incredible strength to endure what is asked of me. I have found myself pleading with the Lord numerous times a day lately for those I love. I'm thankful for the gift of prayer.

No comments: