Monday, May 10, 2010

Brave Girl


I can't believe its time...I signed up in January for this Brave Girls retreat in May. It's here! I am packed & ready to let the Journey begin. I have been stressed about what to take & worrying that I'm not artsy enough. I have never been away from the kids for more than two days. My mom is amazing & is going to take good care of them for the first 3 days then Ry will have them the last two days. I laid out everything they will need. I hope they all do well without me. I said a really deep prayer & feel peace today. My Dad must have been inspired because he gave me a great pep talk. he took my car & washed it. he told me he is here to help me in anyway. He told me to go & have a great time & that I deserve it! I get to spend 5 incredible days with my favorite friend in the Universe....Melody! Ryan & I met her & her hubby Marq in 1995. We instantly became soul sisters. We have both been through some pretty incredible heartaches. We have had to be strong for our families. She inspires me on so many levels. Before I had any kids Mel had two & was PG with # 3...she is seriously THE BEST MAMA ever. The first weekend of every month Ry & I would go to Boise for training. Marq & Mel would let us stay at their house. I would watch her with her kids & dream of when I have kids I want to be just like her. I owe her everything!

Her face makes me so happy & her voice it just makes everything right in the world. She is one of my dearest friends. I feel so Lucky to know her & to be loved by her. I leave in the morning as soon as I get Jakey & Marli on the school bus. My friend Kim Rose is riding over with me. Should be a pretty AWESOME week. I'll post an update when it's all over! Say a prayer for me & the family Please!


I may come home on Saturday & be so Brave Ry won't know what to do with me! I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I'm going to take a deep breath & try & enjoy every second of it! Here's the link if you want to check it out...www.bravegirlsclub.com