Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh Sweet Mama


Ry drove out to work today. He left work a hour early. He called me at work around 4:00 asking what he could do to help. I was surprised he was in town before 5:30. I told him he could give my mom a break & pick up the kids. He got them dinner and headed home for Halo family night. His buddies & their kids are all playing Halo live tonight.
I knew I didn't need to hurry home so I took the opportunity to have some me time. I went to Barnes & noble and picked up a couple books I've wanted for awhile. I love their bargain & clearance tables. Then I went to Gandolfo's and went inside for once instead of the drive-thru. I was visiting with the owner and told him I had never been inside. We always go thru the drive thru. He got my order together and told me to bring the kids in anytime he has candy for them and we both laughed. When you have three little ones you just don't go in anywhere if you don't have to.When I got home tonight the first person to greet me was my beautiful daughter. She yells"Oh Swwweeet Mama". I laughed & said were did you hear that? She says hear what? Sweet mama? Her response"What? Well ya are"! OK! As I'm carrying in everything from the car she asks"So, What'ya bring Marli"? I smiled and said Oh nothing. Then she runs over to the kitchen table and See's that I didn't finish my sandwich from gandolfo's. She exclaims"Oh mom your the best! You brought me one of those yummy sandwiches"! She gobbles it up. I asked her how she was doing. She looked at me very seriously and said"Good, Real good,actually painfully good"! What does painfully good mean. "Oh ya know" then she gives me two thumbs up. I gave her a huge hug and kiss. She definitely lights up my life.



Marli and I were looking at a couple blogs tonight. She says "Oh! I miss them too much. Plus that one! Oh I love my family! My whole family".




Marli completely cracks me up. She has her own language & her own world. I think that is is awesome what a free spirit she is. She lives in Marli*Land & lets us come visit from time to time. Instead of a Barbie world it's a Marli*World at our house. We wouldn't trade it for anything. She's a total sweetie pie.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

oh Marli you crack me up!! I love her personality...so fun! Love that girl!

Kendria said...

What a sweetheart!

Erin Johnson said...

This was so fun to read. MAkes me want to come over there and squeeze her. And her Sweet Mama! hahah so funny. I'm so glad you were blessed with her.