Friday, July 27, 2007

Almost A Month

Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted for almost a month. So much has happened I'm not sure where to start. First of all Jacob is finally done with T-ball. Thank goodness. I can't believe it went thru the 23rd of July. It's just way too hot for T-ball. Especially when mom is pregnant and sitting out in the direct sun,with no shade. You know it's too hot when the kids don't want to run or even move,cuz they are melting. Monday was his last game and Grandpa Reuel came to watch. I didn't have my camera...dang it. It meant a lot to Jake he had both Grandpa's there. Jake received a trophy, which he was really proud of. Before the game even started Jake fell into a chain leak fence and cut up his leg pretty bad. Good thing I had a first aid kit in the trunk of my car. The first aid kit had never been opened. It took me a minute to get all the plastic wrapping off. Jake was crying "My leg is going to have a scar forever"! He was traumatized for a minute. Once I got him all cleaned up and bandages on he was fine. I was wearing my scrubs from work and everyone kept asking if I was a nurse. It was so stupid.



It's amazing to me how fast kids heal. Jake's leg looks so good today. He got used to having a bandage on it. Last night after he took a bath I told him he didn't need a bandage anymore. He was a little sad.
We have been praying for rain. It is so dry and there are so many fires everywhere. To my surprise on the drive home last night it started drizzling. I stopped to fill my car up with gas and out of nowhere this huge storm came. Jake was scared he was going to get electrocuted. He was sitting in the car and saw lightning and heard the thunder. I got soaked. It was really coming down. When I got back in the car the kids were a little freaked out. I explained to them as long as they were in the car the rubber on the car tires would protect them and the lightning wouldn't harm them. Lightning wants to get to the ground. The rubber on the tires won't allow the lightning to go thru ,so they are safe. I told them I would never let anything hurt them. It was so cute. They both said "Thanks mom we love you"! I love these little munchkins too. When we pulled up to our house my friend Nikki and her daughter Tiffany were playing in the rain in our driveway. Tiffany was playing in the puddles while Nikki was taking pictures. My kids jumped out of the car and were so excited. Jake ran and got his blue pooh umbrella Grandma Lyn got him along time ago. Marli jumped right in the puddles and was having so much fun. Jake wasn't so sure about playing in the gutter water. It didn't take him too long to figure out how much fun the girls were having. I went in the House and started a bath for them. Nikki took a ton of pictures and I asked her to email them to me. I'll post them once I get them. We love having The Foust family as neighbores.

4 comments:

kim said...

It is way too hot for teeball! Sorry, we planned on coming to Jakey's games, but it seems we've had crisis after crisis at our house! So proud of him...his trophy is awesome! Give those sweeties a hug from their Aunt Pimmy!

Erin Johnson said...

It's been way too long since I've seen you guys. I miss you!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update...I'm glad you are back to blogging!! We love and miss you guys!:)

Anonymous said...

i love jake's trophy, he's proud of it. he is growing up way too fast. love you guys!