Friday, July 27, 2007

Marli's New Room

Many may wonder why I haven't been blogging. Ryan has been telling people I'm nesting. I have had a to do list a mile long. Today I feel too tired to do anything. I stayed home sick from work Wed. with the stomach flu. I still feel really weak. So I decided instead of feeling sorry for myself and not getting things done around here I would try to update my blog.

One of my huge projects was to get Marli moved downstairs before the baby comes. It was really important to me to get her all settled before she would have to give up her room. I didn't want her to resent the baby. Well it's finally done. I need to hang a few pictures on the wall,but other then that it's finished! Marli asked me to paint a wall yellow and one red...so this winter that'll be a project. I took Marli to khol's and target and let her pick out new bedding and decor for her new big girl room. Pink and purple are her favorite colors. We had to find a way to incorporate the blue wall. She found this bedding that we both fell in love with. Her room has a nautical feel,with hints of Marli all around. She has been sleeping down there for over a week. I'm so proud of her. Sometimes I forget she's only three.





I'm not sure if you can make out the pictures on the dresser very good. There's one of Jakey hugging his new baby sister. Marli is about three mo. old in the picture. It's one of my favorites.

Ryan keeps telling Marli she has the best room in the house. It's nice and cool and dark...Ryan loved to go down there and sleep before it was her room. She has our queen bed set(before we were married we put it on layaway and paid it off right as we got married). It's in great condition and really nice. Ryan and I never had anything that nice when we were little. I'm glad we held on to it and din't sell it. There were a few times when we thought of getting rid of it. I'm glad my daughter loves her room. It made all the hard work worth it.

5 comments:

kim said...

The room is so cute...and so Marli! That is great you let her pick out everything herself. What a doll!

Erin Johnson said...

Cute room! She IS lucky to have such a nice, big bed! Seems like she's really growing up.

Melissa said...

Great job on the room! I love that Marli picked out everything and you let her do it!

Lesley said...

Tell Miss Marli that I love her new pink silk jammies!

Anonymous said...

i love marli's room, you did a good job. what a great mom and dad.