Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back To School

Mrs. Di called today and said first day of school is Monday Aug. 27th. Seriously? Wow! It feels like we just went to Jake's Pre-school graduation program last week.


Ryan & I took the kids to Kohl's for school clothes. I decided to let them pick out their clothes. It was so much fun. Jake asked me what size he wore I told him and he was off. He found jeans and shirts all by himself. He was so proud of everything he got. Marli didn't want me to hold the clothes up to her to see if they were the right size. She found the cutest pink silk Jammie's. We found some cute skirts on the clearance rack:) I did good staying away from the baby section. I stayed on task. Which is a miracle. It was really neat to see the kids get excited when they found something they really liked. Marli will be in Jake's class this year. Jake's on the three year pre-school program. This will be his last year. He's moving up in the world though...he'll be going Monday,Wednesday and Friday this year. Instead of Tuesday and Thursday. I hope this year doesn't fly by. It feels like they just don't stay small long enough and really grow up too fast.

6 comments:

kim said...

It seems like the kids just got out of school! It is coming way too soon this year...my kids start August 22nd. Let's please, please get together before then! That is so great you let the kids pick out their own clothes! Looks like they got some cute stuff! I can't believe little Miss Marli is starting preschool! They grow way too fast! Love your cute kids!

Cami D. said...

You are such a champ to stay out of the baby section. i don't even have kids but I can't help myself... sometimes little baby things just jump into my cart. Tricky little clothes!

Melissa said...

Thats awesome you let the kids pick out their own clothes! Sounds like they had a blast! Thats pretty cool they get to go to school together :)

Erin Johnson said...

Dang-you're gonna be busy. I hope you'll let me know if I can help. Jake looks so tough in his baseball pictures. So cute. Is that Spanish on Marli's shirt? Starting her early on the bilingual thing...hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yea, Lor it is a miracle that you were able to stay away from the baby section. I've seen you at Kohls :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe schoool is right around the corner. jake and marli loves too shop, there just like there mom. love you