Saturday, July 28, 2007

Picnic At Freeman Park

The kids have been wanting to go on a picnic adventure for quite some time. Ryan and I decided to let the kids plan the day. We went to Subway got sandwiches. We brought a backpack full of whatever they wanted. We took a frisbee,baseball,mitts,football and snacks.

We found a nice spot that was seclusive to the rest of the park. It was beautiful.

The kids went exploring and found a tree with a ladder and swing. There's a book series that we read called "The magical treehouse". The kids thought that this was from the book. We imagined that the tree house was on an adventure and it might return any minute.




Ryan walked over to the swings with both kids. Marli loved swinging. Jake came back and layed on my blanket,ate a piece of licorice and enjoyed relaxing in the shade.


There were two small children by the swings. Ryan asked them if they'd like to swing. They both said yes. Ryan helped them up on the swings and pushed them and Marli for quite a while. I thought it was so sweet.

Ryan and Marli walking back from the swings hand in hand. This made my heart smile real big. It was so precious.



Jacob loves sticks. He was so excited when he found the perfect stick. He exclaimed" I'm a true explorer"!


It was fun to watch the kids discover all sorts of fun things,sticks,bugs,magical tree's. We saw some older kids playing frisbee. They were really good. The kids thought that was so cool.




We enjoyed the day as a family and our lunch tasted even better outside. It was a really fun day.

I wish I had a picture of Ryan and I playing catch. Ry had his nice mitt and I wore one of the kids mitts and played catch for quite awhile. It was really fun. Ry wanted the kids to play catch with him,but they were pretty tired. He recruited me. He was so sweet..He told me that he had the best time with me. I'm glad we took the time to have this day. I was feeling pretty sick,but wanted the kids to have this time. I bucked up and was a trooper. It was totally worth it.

2 comments:

kim said...

How fun! Ryan is such a cute dad! When you feel better, or feel up to it, let's take the kids to the park for lunch...the race this year is August 25th at 9:30 a.m. I signed my kids up...you wanna come?

Anonymous said...

what a fun day, I'm glad you were a trooper. take care!