Sunday, April 05, 2009

Conference weekend

I have really been looking forward to conference weekend. My goal was to be able to stay home not go ANYWHERE & enjoy the time together as a family. Be inspired by our church leaders. Mission accomplished. Jake & Marli really helped me out a lot. They watched Conor & played with him while I went downstairs in my scrapbook room & worked on my cards for card swap this week and a few other projects that I've wanted to finish up. I folded laundry & enjoyed being inspired by all the speakers.

Conor loves cords & electronics. He loves opening doors and closing them.He loves taking things out of their place. I just wished he liked putting things back.
After the morning broadcast I went upstairs to find all three kids playing in Jakey's room. My camera battery was dead otherwise a picture would be on here. Seriously my heart stopped for a second when I opened the door. Every single lego & toy in our house was on Jacob's floor or bed. I wasn't upset at all however because they were having so much fun and kept Conor entertained while I enjoyed listening to Conference. I put Marli & Conor in the bathtub. I asked Ry to help Jake with his school workbook. While I cleaned up the demolition. I made a yummy lunch. Homemade chille. We had quasadilla's & nacho's. All is well All is well! We are so blessed that we can watch Conference from our homes. I'm so grateful for this blessing! My fave quote from conference....We are never lost when we can see the Temple! What a wonderful weekend. President Monson is so incredible. I love him and am so grateful for his example. What a great man. "We are a blessed people. I love you & pray for you & ask that you do the same for me & all the general authorities". It's always sad when it's over. I can't wait to get next months Ensign. I loved all the music & especially the closing song "Till we meet again". I think I'm on a spiritual high. Hopefully it'll last all week.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad you had a great weekend. We did as well. It was so nice to relax and enjoy conference.

Melissa said...

Conor cracks me up!! What a cutie! I'm glad you had a nice relaxing conference weekend. We did too!