Monday, September 24, 2007

Jaxon Is My Hero

Today is a brutally difficult day for me. As Jaxon's mother it is especially hard to be without him. I know he wants us to be happy and he is doing all he can to see that we are. I know that as I'm preparing for our new little guy to arrive Jaxon had something to do with getting his "Helper" here. I'm grateful that I have the knowledge that Jaxon is ok he made it and he's waiting for us. Now Grandpa Mel is with my sweet boy and I can only imagine the two of them running wild in the fields of Heaven. Neither of their bodies are tired or sick. Makes me smile really big. I love this picture of Grandma Phyllis and Grandpa Mel with baby Jax. Right after he was born they came up to our house in Shelley. Jaxon was the first Smith grandson.




I'd like to share something my wise brother Kyle shared with me last November. I wasn't able to reach him today to get his permission,but I think he won't mind.


"I have been thinking all morning about your email. We may wonder why we go through such trials and tribulations. We may want to question why a God of love lets horrible things happen, especially to His followers. Think of what happened to Abinadi at the stake or to Joseph Smith (Read Doctrine and Covenants 122 for a humbling account). In fact human history and the scriptures are filled with accounts of the suffering of the righteous. Why does this happen. And why me? Why us? I wish that I had the answer. All I know is that God does love us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what we need and what we can endure. Just as the Apostle Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that we will not be tempted beyond that which we can bear, He also will not put us through trials above that which we can bear. His desire is for us to become like Him, to return to Him in all of His glory. And we have to humble ourselves and realize that we do not know what we need at certain times. We have to have faith that there is something beyond the pain and suffering. We have to have faith that He is preparing for us for what is to come, for something far better than we can imagine. We have to remember "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9). "

Peter 1:7. "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ."

When I need spiritual uplifting I always go to my brother Kyle. He knows exactly what I need to hear. I'm so grateful to have him, to lean on him and to be able to benefit from his determination to always be a faithful servant of the Lord.

I would just like to let my beautiful son Jaxon know how much I love him and long to be reunited with him. I will try to do my best while I am finishing what the Lord wants me to do with my time on earth. I miss you son and am so proud to be your mom. I love you best friend, you are my hero.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this...Kyle's thoughts were perfect! I love you Lori! You are amazing!

Lynet Smith said...

Ryan and Lori, it's me again. I thought I left a message this morning on your blog, but it looks like it didn't post up. I woke up at about 3:45 AM-- the same time I woke up 5 years ago today, and was thinking bout Jaxon. I had some questions and started reading in the D&C and found some scriptures that made me feel peace and confidence regarding Dad and Jaxon being together. I know they are.

Thanks for sharing your notes and thoughts about this important day. Lynet and I have been talking about our family relationship with Jaxon, you, Ryan, the troopers, and ???, during FHE tonight, and we feel so grateful for the gospel and for our Redeemer's life and teachings.

We are so grateful for you and Ryan and all our family members for basing your thoughts and feelings - about Jaxon and where he is - on our Savior's love and His teachings as given by Prophets and Apostles. The Lord's words never fail to bring pure love and peace.

We wish you well, not only now, but in the coming days too, when Jr. descides to make his debut.

We love you troops eternally.
Reuel and Lynet

P.S. We'll always remember...

Erin Johnson said...

I've been thinking of you and Ryan today. I'll never pretend to know how you feel, but just want you to know I love you. It brings me lots of comfort to know Jaxon is safe and happy and I'm curious to know about the things he's doing! If he can see me, I hope I'm making him proud.

kim said...

Jaxon is my hero, too. I am thinking of him today, and always...thanks for bringing that special boy into all of our lives. He has changed me forever. I love you guys so much, and am so thankful for your kids. I can't wait to meet Jaxon's helper. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, and the pictures with Grandpa...I know they are together and having a great time catching up with each other. I, too, hope we are making them proud! Love you!

Anonymous said...

jaxon was grandpa's and my best friend! we miss that little boy more then anything. he was everyone's hero. I can't wait too meet little jaxon helper. I'm so proud of you and Ryan.

Carrie said...

Hey you guys ... I guess my comment didn't post the other day ... darn it! I'm grateful I got to talk with you Lori ... I thought about you guys all day. I miss my little sweetheart SOO much ... I can still hear him giggling and I replay our 'movies' in my head all de pime. I love you guys so much and can't wait to meet our new, little friend!!!