Monday, June 30, 2008

The Journey Of A Fat Boy


Ryan worked Thursday night, he got home at 8:30 a.m. Friday morning. He mowed the grass. Laid down to sleep for a couple of hours. He got up, got ready for his journey to Kansas City Mo. He left town around 2:30 p.m. he stopped at 4:00 a.m. and slept for two hours. He made it to Kansas City sat afternoon. He rode the bike to make sure he loved it. He loaded everything up. He stayed the night in Lincoln Nebraska. He got home at 2:30 a.m. Monday.

He came in the house saying loudly it's me. We all woke up and hugged him. We were surprised to see him. I didn't expect him until Monday afternoon. He brought us all presents. He went to Cabella's in Nebraska. When he used to drive truck for Doug Andrus he went to the same Cabella's and brought Jaxon a shirt. Jacob was really missing his dad Saturday night before bed. He was bawling. We couldn't get a hold of Ry, so we left him a message. The kids took turns sleeping with me.

I'll get some pictures of Ry on his bike and post them later. I can't believe he made it there and back in 60 hours. It's 3000 miles. Wow! I'm so proud of him. He set a goal and worked hard to make it happen. The guy he bought the bike from sent him home with $1200 worth of extras like leathers for him and me, extra seat, extra tire and a bunch of other stuff. Way to go Idaho!