Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tuesday Night Activities

Tuesday Night I went team teaching with the LDS sister missionaries. This was something I have never done before. I picked up Sister Mann and Sister Griffith's at 6:00 p.m. This is an experience I will never forget. I feel so blessed to have a little insight on what the missionaries to on a daily basis. We visited inactive members of the church as well as investigators and people who the sister's had on their list to contact. Sister Griffith's mission is about to come to an end. She has been serving for 18 months. Next Wednesday when they do transfers she will be going home to her family in New York. Sister Mann has a while left she is from California. One of the homes we went to was a 92 year old woman Sister Bradley. She was the neatest lady. She has a cockatoo bird that was so entertaining. This woman has 5 children that she has out lived. The sister missionaries sang the most beautiful song while we were at this amazing woman's home. The spirit was so strong. Our stake boundaries are huge. We drove to 9 different homes in a vast range of mileage. I took the sisters home at 9:00 p.m. I am so thankful I was asked to do this.




My Mom & Dad were nice enough to pick the kids up at my house and keep Jake and Marli until after 9:00 p.m. when I finished.
My parents had the kids Jammie's on when I got there. I had cookies for the kids. I told them they could have them the next day. Somehow they talked me into letting them eat them on the way home.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Lori, you look radiant! You must have been doing missionary work because you are positively glowing in that picture.

Did you have a hard time getting those kids to bed after giving them cookies? :)