Friday, October 19, 2007

How will I know?

Thursday after work I picked the kids up from my mom and dad's. The kids and I went to Robert's so Marli could pick out her b-day Balloons. Then we went to Albertson's so she could pick out her cake. I started having contractions while we were at Albertson's. We came home everyone had dinner,but me. I felt so sick. I was up walking the floor with major contractions until after 11:00. I finally got comfortable and then around 1:00 a.m. they got so bad I couldn't stand it. I waited until 2:30 to wake everyone up. I called the hospital and told them what was going on they said to come in. Ryan and I loaded up the kids and stopped at Walmart so Ry could run in and get a video tape for the camcorder. He came out and told me they didn't have the one we needed. I called my parents told them we were on our way to drop the kids off. We took the kids inside and gave my parents instructions for Marli's party at school. We got to Mountain View Hospital around 3:00. I was so excited to finally have this over. The nurse checked me I was only dilated to a 4. I thought for sure I would be farther along then that. After 2 hours of intense pain, I was still at a 4. You have got to be kidding me. A hour later the nurse came in and explained she was going to start a I.v. and give me a shot to stop the contractions. I didn't take this so well. I thought they would hook me up to pitocin and get this over with. Apparently they won't help you until your 39 weeks. The contractions didn't stop. After they ran the I.v. they checked me again still a 4. So they released me to go home. I have heard of women going to the hospital and getting sent home. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. It's not like this is my first time and I don't know what to expect. I felt so bad Ryan had to take a vacation day. My poor parents and kids got woken up in the middle of the night. I bawled all the way home. The contractions subsided around 10:00 a.m. Now I have no desire to go back to the hospital. I am so discouraged. I am miserable and I missed out on Marli's party at school. Ryan went in my place. Grandpa Bill and Grandpa Reuel also went. What a lucky girl to have so many people support her and love her. I think it would be really cool if this baby was born on the 21st...like both boys, Jaxon and Jacob. However I won't hold my breathe in anticipation. Right now I feel like Thanksgiving may come and I'll still be pregnant!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Lori! Sorry you had to go through a that!! Darnit!! This baby just needs to get here!! That would be awesome if he was born today on the 21st like the boys...see what you can do. :) I love you!!!

kim said...

You are going to hate me for saying this, but that little guy needs this time to develop his little lungs...especially since he will be born in RSV season. It may be a blessing that he wasn't born yet...just trying to see the up side, I guess... The more time he spends in ya, the better it will be for him. I am sorry you are so uncomfortable. It is so hard to be pregnant! You are doing a great job!

Reuel said...

Lori, you are a fun writter of good things, and so expressive. That's where Jakey gets his talent for putting good stories in neat little communication packages!

Anonymous said...

Conar was worth waiting for, he's a keeper. you are the best mom! love you