Thursday, October 04, 2007

Life Is Short



I am in shock as I'm writing this. Monday we lost two incredible ladies. Tuesday Ryan received a phone call from Lance Mccord our friend Leann's husband. Leann worked at 3B with Ryan for years. Ryan was her boss when he was lead supervisor. She was 34 years old and the mother of four. She passed away at her home Monday. She was the biggest sweetheart. She went to high school with us. Her youngest child was a little older than Jaxon and had a lot of health problems. She spent a lot of time at Primary children's with him. We always had so much in common. We would talk for hours. She helped with the fundraisers for Jax. It's interesting in high school people were afraid of her and thought she was a bad ass. When you got to know her, she would do anything for you and just the coolest girl. I love her and will miss her so much. I feel so sad for her family.

Yesterday I was at work and received a phone call from one of our patients Jason Onken. His wife was 36 and went to bed and died in her sleep. I had just seen them both at Walmart. I was completely floored when he was talking to me. I couldn't believe what he was saying. Jean ran a daycare in her home and had just bought all the groceries and supplies at Walmart for the week. Can you imagine going to bed with your spouse and they don't wake up? Jason was so upset when I was talking to him. I felt so bad for him. He just kept saying he lost his rock.

I guess I'll be busy attending funerals this weekend. I know life is short and it's so fragile. You never know when you see someone if it'll be the last time. I want all of you to know how much I love you and how very special and important you are to me. These two families will be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray our Heavenly Father will bless them with comfort,peace and the strength they will need to go on.




This picture made me smile today. It's Fall and the leaves are turning and I know it's going to be awhile before I see pretty flowers like these. So I thought I would share them. It makes me think in dark times Our Father in Heaven is there. He wants us to feel his love. There is still beauty around us if we just take the time to look around.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your friends!Those are such sad stories! A great reminder to the rest of us though that you never know what the Lord has in store for us and when our time here on earth is done, so we should live everyday like its our last with no regrets!

Erin Johnson said...

I'm so sorry Lori. That totally stinks. I'll pray for their families, too!

Reuel said...

Lori, I'm a little slow in reading your blog entries, but these entries have caused me to stop and take inventory of what I know to be true and how I take the Love of Heaven for granted. It makes me very sober to realize that these tragic situations happen to real people, and that unless you experience it yourself, you really don't know what it's like to go through such difficult things. Having said that, I realize how deeply grateful Lyn and I are for you and Ryan, and how you have mustered the strength that can only come from heaven, to get you through the experience of Jaxon passing into the next state of his existence. I know that mere words pale when searching for the right thing to say. Deliverance can only come from one eternally powerful source.

Lyn and I love you and your family.