Friday, October 12, 2007

Sewing With Jake & Marli

Kyle and Lesley came up from Provo for a visit. We were all so excited to see them and spend some quality time with them. It seems like whenever I get the opportunity to have Les home I take full advantage of it. She's my professional seamstress. I have been wanting to get this dragonfly rag quilt done before junior gets here. I worked hard on it over conference weekend and didn't have the energy to complete the task. Lesley brought her sewing machine and I took mine over to my parents house. We were going to go to town both sewing. Unfortunately Lesley didn't have her power cord so she wasn't able to use her machine. We made due with mine however. I pinned and organized all the squares and my cute pregnant sister-in-law sewed her heart out. We got it done. Now I just need to trim all the squares...wash it three times and it'll look like a real rag quilt. Words can not even describe how happy I am and grateful that Lesley loves doing projects with me. Last time she was here she re-upholstered our glider rocker. It's in the babies room and looks fantastic. Thank you Les for being so talented and willing to help me. I love you very much!!!!!




Jake and Marli love Aunt Lesley. Marli asked if she could comb Lesley's hair. Jake of course thought that would be fun. Lesley kept sewing away with the two of them pulling on both sides of her hair. What a trooper.




Jake thought it would be fun to climb up on the ledge and sit behind Lesley and comb her hair. He is such a sneeky little boy.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Lesley came to help you out with the quilt! What a relief to have that done before your little guy gets here huh!? She is a sweety to help out!

kim said...

Lesley is amazing...so talented! Can I borrow her next time she comes up?

Lesley said...

Thanks for getting me in the "sewing mood" now I just can't stop thinking of all the things I need to sew before our little one gets here... one thing that should be mentioned is that I love to have my hair played with- so I was in heaven while I was sewing :) Thanks for the fun weekend!