Saturday, January 19, 2008

BrandonBob

My brother Brandon was able to come home for Thanksgiving. I know it was almost two months ago and I'm just now getting around to documenting it. At the rate I'm going it's better late than never right? Anyway it was the first time he's been home in way too long. He lives in Couerd'Alene Idaho. It was so good to see him.




Jacob couldn't look any more like Brandon if he was his kid. My mom is always telling Jake he reminds her of Brandon so much. He likes to tease and joke around just like my brother. Now Jake is totally into Lego's just like Brandon was. He has those dark brown eyes that are gorgeous and that smile that will always get him out of trouble too.



Marli wouldn't let him out of her sight she wanted to sit on his lap and be right next to him.



Me and my little brother. I love him so much. I wish he lived closer so my kids could hang out with him on a daily basis. When Jaxon was little Brandon would watch him for me and loved spending time with him. Jaxon loved Uncle Brandon and would laugh and tease just like him.

On December 29th (my dad's birthday) Brandon was in an accident where a guy accidentally cut Brandon's right hand across the top of his knuckles. It's pretty bad. He'll be off work for a few months. Brandon has a really cute girlfriend Kayla that has been taking care of him. I've never met her, but talked to her on the phone. She seems like a sweetheart. I'm so grateful he has her.





I have lost so much sleep worrying about him and praying his hand will heal properly. He had to have surgery on it. The doctor told him it was the worst cut he had ever seen. For the most part the surgery went well. Brandon's tendon in his pinkie shriveled up and went back up his arm. The doctor had to make several incision to repair it. I wish so badly I could be the one that is taking care of him. I was eleven when he was born and always loved taking care of him.

Here's some pictures of his hand. This breaks my heart that this happened to him. I have had to pray continuously to forgive the idiot I mean person who did this to my brother.



My brother told me he was awake for the surgery and could feel what the doctor was doing. He begged them to knock him out and they told him they couldn't. After having Conor I had my tubes tied. I was awake and could feel what the doctor was doing and it was awful. I felt so bad that my brother had to go through this.




My mom and I put together a care package for Brandon and Kayla. They got it and loved everything we put in it. I wanted to do something nice for Kayla to let her know how much I appreciate her. I hope we can meet her soon.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe his hand!! It looks aweful! I"m glad you got to have a good visit with him. Jake looks so much like him.

kim said...

Little Brandon Bob has grown up! He looks great! We know what Jake will look like in 10 years! Holy cow! He looks so much like Brandon. I've wondered how he's been doing...so sorry about the accident! I hope his hand is able to heal properly.

Reuel said...

Looks like your prayers are being answered for Brandon too, because he doesn't look bitter and mad. He looks healthy and happy. And why shouldn't he... he's a Colvin Uncle to 4 little, wonderful Smiths.