Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gary & Linda

We have some of the best neighbors on the planet. Our friends Gary & Linda live across the street from us. They don't have any kids, but two adorable female beagle dogs. After Conor was born they brought us a pumpkin roll (my all time favorite thing to eat) and a puppy quilt that the two of them made. It meant so much to us.Ryan and I couldn't believe that the two of them picked out the fabric, bought the pattern and sewed this together. They are so awesome.



The blanket is huge. Conor will be able to use it forever. The ears and paws fold over. The material they used for the paws has little paw prints,so cute. It's so fun to put the blanket on the floor and wrap him up in it. Jake and Marli love to lay on it too.



A week ago Friday Linda, my other neighbor Nikki and I went to a stampin up get together. It was just what the doctor ordered for me. I got a couple projects done. The best part was just hanging out with the girls. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends that live so close to me. Both Linda and Nikki knew I was having a hard time and have called or came over daily to see how I'm doing. I don't know if it's because of hormones or the bitter cold weather,but I have really had the blues. I think some warm weather or a hot tub is all I need.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! What awesome neighbors! I can't believe they BOTH made it and he helped pick out the fabric and stuff. Impressive!! It turned out really cute! Sorry you've had the blues lately. Aren't girl friends the best!

Reuel said...

I've seen this quilt, and it is incredible! Conor will grow up seeing evidence of true friendship... Great! The little tiger is looking wonderful.