Friday, April 04, 2008

Daddy Takes The Morning Shift

Monday Ryan started his four days off. The kids love it when he's home. They have so much fun with him. I asked Ry if he'd rather watch the kids in the morning or afternoon on Thursday while I went to work. He thought it would be nice for me not having to get everyone ready and out the door by 8:15. As I was getting ready to leave Ry said I think I change my mind. I told him it was too late I was getting ready to walk out the door. I asked him if he wanted me to call my mom to come pick the kids up. He said "No, I'll suffer through it".




When I came home for lunch this is what I saw when I walked in the door. I had to grab the camera and capture this moment. Ryan was reading to the kids. They were all having a good time.


I noticed Marli and Jacob each had their own big bag of chips. I loaded the kids up to go spend the afternoon with my mom and dad. On the way to my parents house Jacob asked me "Why do you give my dad so many jobs to do"? I didn't know what he was talking about. Jake said "My dad says he can't play with me because he has stuff to do, I know their jobs you gave him". Ok! I asked the kids wouldn't it be neat if dad was a doctor and... Marli says "And you could be his assistant". Jacob says "No,that's not a good idea cuz than I'd never see dad. You'd make him work everyday".

When I got done with work I picked the kids up at my parents house. We all met Ryan at Ruby River for dinner. Marli loved sitting by Grandma Bette at dinner.Marli was having a difficult time keeping her fork, cup and than dessert on the table. She was probably lucky she was sitting by Grandma and not Ryan. Jacob said his favorite part was sitting in the middle of mom and dad. It was a nice time and the food was so yummy.

No comments: