Sunday, April 06, 2008

You'll Rest When

Last night I was exhausted. After Ryan went to work I took the kids in my room to lay down. It was almost 7:00 p.m. I thought we could have quiet time for a hour and than make popcorn and watch a movie. Well Conor woke us up at midnight. Whoops! It's a good thing we did lay down at 7:00, because we we're all up from midnight until 4:00. After I fed Conor and changed him, Jacob was crying and having a hard time. I got him settled in his bed when Marli was "starving". I made her something to eat and got her a glass of milk. Well when I went to check on Jacob, Marli spilled the entire glass of milk on my comforter that I just got back from the dry cleaner. Seriously...what on earth!


I got that cleaned up when Jacob decided he was "starving". I took a series of deep breaths and fixed him something to eat. Than Conor thought he was hungry. I was so tired I just started sobbing. I thought for sure the kids would sleep in since they were up most of the night. Oh no they were up at 7:00 a.m. Apparently my children are teaching me that I will never receive any rest. I should just realize that my body must survive on little or no sleep from the time my children were born and until they leave home. Marli already told me she doesn't want to grow up. She is going to live with me forever. So maybe my dad was on to something when he told me " There will be plenty of time for rest when we die"!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the picture of Conor with the bottle falling out of his mouth ... SO cute ... can't wait to see you guys. Love you!

Lesley said...

You poor thing.... I'm looking forward to more kids? Maybe not so much...

Erin Johnson said...

All I can say is thanks for all your hard work so I can have such cute nephews and a niece!