Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Oh Miss Marli

Oh Miss marli...

The last time Marli performed, to say I was overwhelmed would be a huge understatement. I had to get her to Bonneville High School which is clear across town at a ridiculous time of day. There were two dance competitions going on at the same time.There was no where to park.Not only did I have her to get ready,but Jacob and Conor by myself. I had to pack them all in the school with Marli's dance bag, Conor's diaper bag, carry the car seat and direct Jacob and Marli in the right direction. It was pretty insane. When I finally get Marli to her teacher I realize I hadn't packed her tutu. Great! My daughter was the only one that didn't have part of her costume. OH Well! Good thing she's only four and the whole getting docked points doesn't really matter. Marli was totally OK with it. I was proud of her. I think if it was me, I would have begged my mom to just let me go home and not perform.

Today I took all three kids to Marli's dance practice. When we got there I realized that I didn't pack her shoes. I apologized to Marli. She smiled at me and said "Mom, when did you loose your mind"? I laughed. She was right I have lost my mind. I told her I must have lost it when Conor was born. She told me it was OK and she loved me and forgave me. I told her to tell her Teacher I was sorry. She always wants me to walk her into class. I opened the classroom door and before I could say anything she tells her teacher "My mom is really sorry,she lost her mind and forgot my dance shoes"! I felt so stupid. I looked at her teacher and said she's right I'm really sorry. The first part of dance is ballet and the second half is tap. So I forgot both pairs of shoes. They won't allow street shoes on the dance floor. Marli had to dance the whole class in her tights. She was OK with it. I hope I'm not scarring her for life.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That a girl Marli! What a trooper! She is so sweet!