Sunday, May 20, 2007

Homemade Pizza

Ryan was over at our neighbor Gary Vecellio's Saturday night. Gary is a real Italian and wonderful cook. He was making pizza and Ryan was mentally taking notes. When he came home he told me I had to go over to Gary's and try a piece of pizza. So we walked across the street. I could smell the homemade yumminess before I got to his driveway. I was in for a real treat. Oh man it was the best pizza. When we got home Ryan made a grocery request. I went to Win co and found all the items needed for our version of pizza.


Here's the first one we made. It has pesto sauce instead of traditional pizza sauce. It's pretty close to Gary's.

We made two different kinds. The first was a pesto,mushroom,feta cheese and olive the crust was thin. The second marinara,Canadian bacon, pepperoni,olive the crust was thicker. Both were so delicious.


If you ever want to try really great pizza....I bet Ryan and the kids would hook you up.


Here's my cute husband making the pizza dough. Is he good or what?


It was so fun getting the kids involved. They put on aprons and really had a blast.



Homemade pizza fun at the Smith house on Sunday night. What Fun!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan is so cute with those kids... you guys are pizza making professionals! You should open your own pizza joint named "The Smith Pizza Shack" (or something less lame)

Melissa said...

Wow I'm impressed! That looks like lots of fun...and really yummy!