Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Marli & LipGloss

This morning on the way to pick Jakey up from pre-school Marli asked me if she could see my lipgloss. I was suprised at first. I handed it to her and it was so fun to watch her carefully apply it to her little lips. My little tomboy is a girlie girl when I least expect it. We just signed her up for jazz/ballet dance. She begged me for months to take dance. She starts the first week in June. Friday night I took her to Dance tech's recital. My friend Nikki has two daughters that have danced for years. It was awesome to see them dance. I asked Marli what she thought after the recital. She said "Mom when is it my turn? Of course I liked watching mom but I can do that". I laughed so hard. I took dance, tap and gymnastics from the age of 3 until 12 and loved every second of it. When my family moved to I.F. we didn't know of any dance studio's. Looking back I really wish I would have stuck with it.




This weekend we will be shopping for a pink leotard and tights. To see her dressed for dance will probably make her mom cry. I will post them when that time comes.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I can just see her now up on the stage... she's a ham so I'm sure she'll love dancing and performing too! I agree, dance was one of the best parts of my childhood. I danced until my soccer schedule got too busy when I was about 14, but like you I often wish I wouldn't have given it up.