Saturday, August 04, 2007

4th Of July

I know the fourth of July was a month ago....I just never posted anything. So I thought I would post what our family did on the 4th. First of all we have a tradition of going with our Neighbor's the Foust's to find our parade spot on the 3rd. This year we have new neighbors that just moved in from California. They bought the house in between Nikki and us. Michael Ryan is the dad and Katie is the mom. They have two little kids. We invited them to go with us. So Jaime, Nikki, Tiffany, Brittany rode in the back of our truck, while Michael Ryan drove his explorer. We were off to find the perfect spot to watch the parade. We all got up early and met at our spot. We enjoyed the parade. We had shade which was so nice because it was really hot out.


Jake cooled us off with the water mister. He thought it was funny to spray us. We all enjoyed the cool water mist.

Here's Jaime and the beginning of the parade the bikers.

Here's our group.

Here's our friends Nikki and Jaime.

This was so weird...the KLCE van drove backwards thru the parade. We didn't understand what the point of that was.



These were some of our favorite floats.

After the parade we stopped at my office used the bathroom. We were feeling hungry so we went to Wingers for lunch. Then we went home took a nap. We got up and went to our neighbors Terry and Deb's for a BBQ. My friend Linda that has been in Virginia going to Rad-con school came home for the holiday. It was so great to see her. She'd been gone since April. She'll graduate in Sept. We all miss her. After the BBQ we went down to the soccer field and watched the fireworks. Our friend Michael Ryan brought the radio for us to listen to the KLCE broadcast. Funny thing was it was a wind up radio...so every so often he'd have to wind it up. It was kind of noisy and we all got a good laugh every time he did it. It was a really memorable 4th.

2 comments:

kim said...

I love the temple float! That is awesome! Where can I get one of those Water Misters?

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the pictures, I had too work. I love the temple float. I'm glad you had a good fourth.