Friday, August 17, 2007

The Pursuit Of Happyness




We finally watched this movie on Sunday. It was so humbling to us. If you haven't seen it you should. I was bawling threw out the entire movie. I don't know how the mom could leave her son. The dad was a real hero and would do whatever it took for his family. I remember when I was little my dad's company would periodically go on strike. Which means he would be without a job for months at a time. The longest the strike went on in one stretch was 18 mo. My dad would go wherever there was work. I remember being little and missing my dad so much. He would call and I would ask him "Daddy when are you coming home"? I was told later on in life that would rip his heart out. My Dad and Mom always worked. They always provided for our family no matter what it took. I believe I have a strong work ethic because of this. Nothing has ever been given to us. You have to work hard for whatever you want out of this life. After the movie was over I felt sick at how much "STUFF" we have. If we all simplified our lives I think we would make room for what we really need. I'm thankful Ryan and I have always worked hard,we make a great team and we are so blessed.

This family went thru hell together. All of their belongings fit in a plastic bag. I was so inspired by this story. I'm glad it had a happy ending. I think we all pursue happiness in this life. Sometimes we have to go thru a lot of hard times to have some happiness.You can't go around adversity....you have to go right thru it. That's what makes the good times so great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about your dad, Lor. What a guy! Melissa and I like that movie too.