Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy 13th Wedding anniversary


Today is Ryan and my 13th wedding anniversary. Sad that I couldn't find a picture of just the two of us and am forced to use this one. So much has happened since August 13th,1994. Looking back at where we were the first year we were married it amazes me we've come so far. I remember that first year it was difficult. There were times when I wanted to get in the car and go stay at a friends or my parents because we couldn't get along. Anyone who says the first year of being married is BLISS,is either highly medicated or need to be. I'm glad we hung in there. Ryan and I both agree there were plenty of times it would have been extremely easy to throw in the towel,count our losses and move on. Satan would have loved that. I look around at the world and so many people I've looked up to and admired for having that"Perfect marriage",have gotten divorced.You just never know.Ryan and I have certainly been to hell and back. He is my best friend. He always has been. We have fun together and can be dorks. I want my kids to know how important marriage is. It's not something to take lightly. Today is special it is the day I committed to Ryan to for time and eternity August 13th,1997 when we were finally sealed together in the Idaho Falls temple. Because of this commitment my children have been born in the covenant and are sealed to us. There is no greater blessing! Happy anniversary Ry...I love you today as much as I did on our wedding day,plus a whole lot more. I love you kilo-infinity-tons!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

You guys are so stinkin' cute ... I was just looking at the date and thinking of you two. I'm so grateful that you've 'stuck it out' too ... marriage is hard work ... EVERY day! You guys are pretty amazing for all that you've worked through TOGETHER ... that's the ONLY way to do it! Happy, happy anniversary! We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I tried calling you but didn't get an answer, so I hope you are out doing something fun. I love you guys. By the way, a kilo-efenity-tons? That sounds like a lot.

Lesley said...

Happy Anniversary Lori! I hope you did something special to celebrate! Love you...

Erin Johnson said...

AAAhhhhh...I thought about you guys yesterday. You both look sooo young in your wedding picture! Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you guys had a fun day. Love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

you are the perfect couple, we love you both. I'm glad you stuck it out.