Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Jaxon


Happy Birthday sweet boy! Eight years ago today Jaxon Ryan Smith was born at 11:15 p.m. weighing 7.11 and 21". August 21,1999 was the happiest day of our lives. We welcomed our first born into the world and felt the purest joy.



I have been working on a Tribute book for my little man and it's just about ready to send off to be published. It'll be something we can cherish as we all try to keep Jaxon and his memory close.

No matter how many more days I live on this earth....I believe my greatest accomplishment will always be being Jaxon's mom. I know the greatest blessing I will ever receive is being his mom. I love my best friend so much and I miss him dearly. I treasure the time we had him and long for when we will be reunited.

Jaxon your family loves you so very much. Our lives are all so much better because we knew you and had you as our example. Jax, mom will see you in the morning, son.


I feel inspired to share a dream I recently had it's sacred to me. I hope you'll feel that it is being shared in the same way it came to me with a lot of peace and love.

Jaxon's Helper
Jaxon was on a very important mission on the other side. He was given a helper to complete this special task. The two worked very hard and finally completed their assignment. When they were done they sat down together and had a beautiful talk. Jaxon had never met this person before. He asked his helper if he'd been to earth and what his experience was like. His new friend was a little sad and told Jax that he had not received "His Call" yet. Jaxon said Oh. Please let me tell you about my time on earth. Jaxon told him all about his family and how much he loved them. He told them his mom and dad were very sad. Jax wished their was a way that his mom and dad could have peace and know that it was OK for them to be happy without him. A lot of time passed and Jaxon finally finished telling his stories about his time on earth. A feeling came over Jax and he shared it with his helper. Maybe you will meet my family when it's your time to go to earth. You can help them. You can bring them the peace and joy they need. The helper was very shy and humble he said "No there's no way I could do all that,that is too big of a mission for me". Jaxon explained that he felt very strong about this. My family really needs you he said.

I woke up a while later and felt something that I struggle to find the words to explain. It's been a rough year for me. Maybe this little boy that is on his way into our family is Jaxon's helper? It makes me smile to think so. I long to feel close to Jaxon any way I can. This dream made him feel so close. I know he wants his family to be happy. I know he loves us so much.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love you Lori! I'm thinking about you guys today and little Jaxon! Thanks for sharing your dream...that is so special! I can't wait to meet Jaxon's little helper! :)

Carrie said...

Hey sweet girl ... I know that this new little one will bring peace into your heart ... I am so excited to meet this already much-loved little boy ...

kim said...

Ya, what Carrie said! I love you guys and am thinking of you today. I love the pictures you posted! I sure love your family!

Erin Johnson said...

What a special dream Lori-it was definitely meant just for you...from Jax. I know he doesn't want you to be sad. You have so much love to give to Jake, Marli, and Maximus? I know the love you give to them is felt by Jax too! That's pretty cool. I love the picture of him and Ryan when he is in overalls and a hat...a true little man!

Anonymous said...

I love your dream, can't wait too meet jaxon little helper. I love the pictures you posted. love you!

kim said...

What a special experience, Lori. I don't think it was posted when I left my comment before. I, too, can't wait to meet Jaxon's little helper! I'll have to talk to you more about this on Saturday! I am bawling! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I wish I woulda called you on the 21st...I remember how hard that day was for you last year....I can't believe I haven't seen you in over a year....

I am so proud of you for all of the strides you are making...all of the difficult and painful healing that you are allowing....

...and I'm quite sure that Jaxon was talking to you...it was a dream, but it was real. Heavenly Father loves you that much.

Can't wait to meet the new baby...I am going to come visit you before Christmas....I love you so much....
melody