Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Stomach Flu

The day after the fourth Jacob got really sick. He had a fever of 104 that I couldn't keep down. He was miserable and didn't eat anything for over 52 hours. I was so worried about him.

When he was starting to come around I left him with Ryan while I went to a scrap party at the fairfield Inn. When I got home later that night...Ryan showed me the pictures he'd taken while I was gone. Jake finally felt better and got his appetite back he requested grilled cheese sandwhiches and tomato soup. These pictures are awesome. As a mother you worry about your kids so much. Especially when they're sick and can't eat. A mother wants to nurture her kids. One of the ways we do that is by feeding our kids. I was so happy to see that finally he was able to eat and keep it down.


You can tell it was rough at our house by looking at Marli. After Jake started feeling better BAM!!! It hit Marli. She wasn't nearly as sick as Jake. Thank goodness. She only went 16 hours without eating. I have to say I was about to loose it though. I wasn't feeling well, and had to do upteen loads of laundry. Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, clothes...REPEAT! Man it was brutal!


1 comment:

kim said...

There is nothing worse than the stomach flu! We are all getting over it. I think everyone in town has had it...glad the kids are better. I love grilled cheese and tomato soup...yum!