Friday, June 08, 2007

Birthday Cards & Colors

Today I needed to make 18 Birthday cards for the ladies in my ward. It's part of my calling. I got them made,addressed and in the mail. I scanned one of the cards I made Unfortunately it didn't show up really good. Each card was a little different. The colors I used were pumpkin orange,rust,ivory and a violet.


I have been studying colors lately and they're meaning. My dad copied me some cool color meanings,and their symbolism. I thought it would be fun to post a few.
Red symbolizes: action,confidence,courage and vitality. Red is the warmest of all colors. Red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males.(Jaxon loved Red) Red roses symbolize passionate love. Red is the color of blood,and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life with emphasis on survival.
Orange is a power color.It is one of the healing colors. It is said to increase the craving of food. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality and endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere.(Jacob's very favorite color) Orange is associated with the benign warmth of the sun.Curiosity is a driving characteristic of orange,and with it comes exploration of new things.
Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind.Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery,as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue,the warmest and coolest colors,purple is believed to be the ideal color.Most children love the color purple.(Jaxon's other favorite color)
Violet is the color of purpose.Violet is a combination of blue and red. Red is a focusing,dynamic and active energy while blue is cooling,calming and expansive. Violet brings a new dynamic to the expansion of blue and the activity of red. Red brings practicality to the undirected expansiveness of the blue,and allows more creative energy to emerge. For this reason,violet is associated with imagination and inspiration.
Green is the color of nature,fertility,life. Grass is green and the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning,growth and harmony. Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and life force. (My brother Kyle's favorite color when he was younger was green).
Pink symbolizes love and beauty.(Marli's favorite color)
Yellow symbolizes wisdom,joy,happiness and intellectual energy.(Yellow was Jacob's first favorite color)
Blue symbolizes youth,spirituality,truth and peace.
OK so there is some food for thought for you. I love learning what colors mean. Then it's fun to see what colors the people we love like best.Carrie and I have always had the same two favorite colors purple and green. I never liked the color pink until Miss Marli came into my life. I started liking red more when I saw how much Jaxon liked it. I think we can change how we feel about colors when someone close to us loves a color we may not like at all.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your card is way cute! and I love what you put up about colors...fun to know that stuff. :)

Cami D. said...

You made that card? Wow - good job crafty...what's it like to have talents? Aha ha!

Anonymous said...

I love the cards you made, those ladies in your ward will love it too. job well done! love you

Anonymous said...

You are just plain amazing. I still like green, but I am also partial to blue these days.