Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Jakey's first T-ball game was supposed to be today. Unfortunately it was canceled due to the rain.

I saw this picture and it reminded me of Jake. He was disappointed that his game was canceled. He was very optimistic though. He told me if it cleared up before it got dark,then they could play. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't going to happen. He was sad,but he didn't let it get the best of him.

I love the earth after a good rain. Everything is clean again and smells fresh. I love to see how the rain effects people. Some don't like it at all,they get depressed. Others remember that it will be gone soon and the heat will return,so they enjoy it while it lasts. Kids love the rain. I think we forget how amazing it is as we get older.


I made homemade stew for dinner tonight. It turned out yummy. We we're eating dinner and it was quite. Jacob was staring into his bowl of stew and a big smile came across his face. He exclaimed "Hey I got a apple in mine". Ryan and I laughed so hard. I didn't say anything. Ryan finally explained to Jake it was a red potato. I asked Jake what if I put apples in the stew? He said I think it would be good. I love that kid.By the way Marli loved her first dance lesson. She listened to her teacher and did her best. There are six little girls in her class. Marli is the youngest,but she is the tallest. When the lesson was over she came out I gave her a hug. She said "Mom did you see those two naughty girls?" There were two girls who didn't listen to the teacher and played on a little trampoline in the corner. I thought it was funny that Marli thought they were naughty. I was also glad that it wasn't her. I asked her what she thought of dance. She said "Mom I love it".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of the rain. I do think you should put apples in your stew. I do love that kid, he makes me laugh. love you guys!

Erin Johnson said...

Oh, Marli is soo sweet! So is Jakey. It must be so fun for them to have hobbies and to try new things. Hope you are feeling well!