Monday, June 25, 2007

The Elderly Couple

I am so embarrassed! We don't see patients between 12-3 it gives me time to get paperwork done,such as billing and posting payments. We did have a patient scheduled today for 2:30. She's a young girl that comes over directly from work. So I was in the back doing my paperwork and saw someone pull in. I knew it wasn't the patient we were expecting. This car pulled half way in and no one got out for awhile. I decided to walk up front and see if I could recognize who it was. Dr. Fred was sitting in his office and hollered at me.."Who is it?" I said I wasn't sure,but it was an elderly couple. I saw a older man try to get out. I was standing in the door way of Dr. Fred's office and told him it was a really old couple. Well low and behold it was Fred's parents. I haven't seen them in quite awhile. His mother looked the same ,but his father looked different. They live in Howe and don't come to town that often. Dr. Fred said "Lori it's my mom and dad"! I told him to just shoot me. OK so they finally come in and we're talking and everything is OK. So after Fred works on them they come back to talk to me again. Anna his mother tells me "Fred told us what you said". I apologized and said I felt horrible. She laughed. I tried to explain that I couldn't see who it was and that we were waiting for a girl and BLAHBLAHBLAH. Oh man how embarrassing!




The Elderly Couple
Author unknown


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An elderly husband and wife noticed that they were beginning to forget many little things around the house. They were afraid that this could be dangerous, as one of them may accidently forget to turn off the stove and thus cause a fire.

So, they decided to go see their physician to get some help. Their physician told them that many people their age find it useful to write themselves little notes as reminders.

The elderly couple thought this sounded wonderful, and left the doctor's office very pleased with the advice.

When they got home, the wife said, "Dear, will you please go to the kitchen and get me a dish of ice cream? And why don't you write that down so you won't forget?"

"Nonsense," said the husband, "I can remember a dish of ice cream!"

"Well," said the wife, "I'd also like some strawberries on it. You better write that down, because I know you'll forget."

"Don't be silly," replied the husband. "A dish of ice cream and some strawberries. I can remember that!"

"OK, dear, but I'd like you to put some whipped cream on top. Now you'd really better write it down now. You'll forget," said the wife.

"Come now, my memory's not all that bad," said the husband. "No problem--a dish of ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream."

With that, the husband shut the kitchen door behind him. The wife could hear him getting out pots and pans, and making some noise inconsistent with his preparing a dish of ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream. He emerged from the kitchen about 15 minutes later.

Walking over to his wife, he presented her with a plate of bacon and eggs. The wife took one look at the plate, glanced up at her husband and said, "Hey, where's the toast?"

This is what I feel like lately!

3 comments:

kim said...

That is so funny! Why would Dr. Fred tell them what you said? Hello!?!? I do stuff like that ALL the time! At least they were laughing about it, right?!

Carrie said...

That is hilarious ... yah, I think you need to give Dr. Fred a little 'heads up' that it was said under doctor/client privelege ... what was he thinking??? Good grief. Don't feel too bad ... I do it all the time too! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love that story, I thought you were talking about me. love you