Sunday, June 03, 2007

The LadyBug Game & Chicken Salad

Ryan is working over time today. I'm home with the little munchkins. Jake found this game that Marli got for Christmas and we never opened. It must have gotten put on the shelf and forgotten about. So while I was making lunch Jake unwrapped it and punch out all the pieces. It's a fun little game. Perfect for their age right now.

So I made a batch of Chicken Salad. I have made this several times for potlucks and always get asked for the recipe.... I do have to say I don't think I've ever made it exactly the same twice. Basically you can throw in whatever you have. I didn't include a picture cuz I thought it might look weird. So anyway if you want to give it a try put in whatever you and your family like. My kids love it. I like to make a big batch and then eat on it for a few days. The great thing is you can serve it on rolls,croissants,any kind of bread,inside tortillas on top of lettuce or you can add a package of uncooked broken ramen noodles and eat it out of a bowl with a fork. So you start with any kind of cooked chicken. It's nice if you have leftover chicken you can use it up. Today I just used a can of canned chicken. Then you add sliced apples,celery,grapes cut in half,craisins,water chestnuts,sunflowerseeds or any chopped nuts,mayo or miracle whip a little garlic salt,pepper to taste. Honestly you can throw in practically anything and it would be great.You can serve it warm or cold. So yummy for summertime.
After we played the LadyBug game the kids wanted to watch cartoons and lay in my bed. It was nice to lay down in between them and relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chicken salad sounds yummy, your a great cook and the world's best mom. love you